Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Can't Believe This Is Happening!

I have to say that sometimes this real estate industry baffles me.  For the past 2 days I have been taking continuing education classes and yesterday was the Code of Ethics all day.  Taking from my last post, I asked everyone in the room if they could do what I ask every month -- to write down what sellers get EXTRA for the EXTRA money they pay as the value of a home increases.  Of course, no one - including the instructor - could.  If the Code of Ethics calls for fair treatment and disclosure of facts, why do 95% of the residential agents charge percentage commissions?  And why do regulators and legislators do NOTHING?

Why do agents take money from their sellers without disclosure and accounting and then go on social media and quote scripture and post their beliefs?  Hypocrisy!   I'm all for community service and charity but does it make sense that the industry touts projects like Children's Miracle Network and Toys for Tots when they could just take the over charge from a couple of closed listings to handle these donations?  Isn't this using the unfortunate circumstances of others to feed their own greed?

Over the past 35 years or so the real estate industry has turned it's back on the consumer to keep agents and brokers happy.  It's a national disgrace to allow it so I'll be raising a stink in all media circles.  I know most of you will not agree but please don't come back in a rant.  Just answer my monthly question and make the commissions paid equal to the value of services received.

No comments:

Post a Comment